The bees must visit millions of flowers and consume 10 pounds of honey in order to make one pound of beeswax! That is why beeswax candles can be so much more expensive than paraffin candles. So why use beeswax candles? Believe it or not they actually purify the air!! When burned beeswax releases negative ions that connect with air pollutants such as dust, mold and allergens and bring them down out of the air. Once I heard that paraffin is actually made out of the drudges of petroleum, is treated with chemicals and is highly refined I told all my friends and family never again to use them in their households. Beeswax is the only wax that produces a clean burning, bright flame that last up to 10 times longer than other candles. It's non toxic properties make it a great product for people with allergies or sensitivities or if you just want to combat indoor pollutants.